- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
- Walgreens divests majority interest in Take Care Employer Solutions
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Walgreens and Redbox on Tuesday announced that the first 250 customers to make a purchase at each of the more than 8,000 Walgreens locations nationwide on Thanksgiving Day will get a free one-night Redbox DVD rental. The rental will be valid from Thanksgiving Day through Nov. 29, 2012, at any Walgreens offering Redbox rentals.
"Building on the success of last year's Thanksgiving Day promotion with Redbox, we are offering this reward to our early bird shoppers once again this Thanksgiving," stated Bob Cinq-Mars, Walgreens divisional merchandise manager for front-end services. "The holidays are a great time to gather the family for a movie, and this promotion offers a chance for some to try out the service for the first time or a nice bonus for many others who have long enjoyed the convenience and value of Redbox rentals at their neighborhood Walgreens."