- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- CVS Caremark showcases outreach program to help customers understand health insurance options
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Report: Specialty pharmacy to account for half of all prescription revenue by 2018
- MinuteClinic enters Northern California, Coastal Southeastern North Carolina
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Walgreens on Monday extended its agreement as a network pharmacy provider in the CVS Caremark pharmacy benefit management national retail network. The companies are not disclosing the financial and other confidential terms of the agreement.
“We are pleased to have reached a mutual, multi-year agreement that meets our business objectives, remains consistent with our principles of receiving predictable and fair reimbursement for the services and value we provide and helps drive cost-effective pricing for payers and patients,” stated Kermit Crawford, Walgreens president of pharmacy, health and wellness.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.