- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
- Report: Specialty pharmacy to account for half of all prescription revenue by 2018
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Walgreens is opening its latest New York flagship store in the Empire State Building, the retail pharmacy chain said Friday.
The store, scheduled to open Saturday at 10 a.m., will include an enhanced pharmacy designed to encourage greater interaction between pharmacists and patients, a health guide to help customers find health-and-wellness products and healthcare services ranging from immunizations to health tests. An "Ask Your Pharmacist" desk, private consultation rooms and Express Rx kiosks are included as well.
"We are extremely pleased to provide another revolutionary store that demonstrates how Walgreens is transforming daily living, pharmacy and healthcare experiences nationwide," Walgreens president of operations and community management Mark Wagner said. "Walgreens innovative products and services support our commitment to help our customers get, stay and live well."
The LOOK Boutique beauty department will feature an Eyebrow Bar with shaping and grooming services, as well as dozens of brands across cosmetics, skin care and hair care, including some not typically found in drug stores, as well as beauty advisers.
For consumables, an Upmarket Cafe will have fresh coffee, pastries, doughnuts and bagels, and the store will include self-serve frozen yogurt with a toppings bar, a Coca-Cola Freestye machine that dispenses 130 varieties of Coca-Cola fountain drinks, a variety of beers — including locally brewed brands — and fresh foods such as wraps, sandwiches and salads.