- The Little Clinic adds new insurance provider to accepted plans
- Bartell to cease filling Medicaid prescriptions at 15 locations
- Gallup: Take Care Clinics top in customer service
- Rite Aid takes a bite out of obesity; relaunches weight-loss program for New Year
- More progress needed in health information technology
DEERFIELD, Ill. Walgreens patients that are seeking accessibility to the drug store chain's pharmacy now can chat live with a pharmacist 24/7.
Walgreens Pharmacy Chat provides a live, one-on-one online chat between patients and a pharmacy staff member regarding such inquiries as prescription medications, over-the-counter medications, pricing inquiries, prescription status and more. The Walgreens Pharmacy Chat is an extension of the chain's online pharmacy tool.
“Pharmacists are among the most trusted healthcare professionals, and Pharmacy Chat gives our patients and customers another way to reach out to Walgreens pharmacy when it’s most convenient for them,” said Kermit Crawford, Walgreens EVP pharmacy. “Our pharmacy staff is always here to help, and we continue to introduce innovative technologies that bring our pharmacy services to our patients wherever they are, whenever they need us.”