- Walgreens outlines impact scenarios from Express Scripts withdrawal
- Walgreens makes case of value outside of Express Scripts in SEC filing
- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
- Walgreens' Pegus to present during colloquium session
- Pharmacy crime: Pushing back against rising wave
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Walgreens on Wednesday donated $150,000 to the American Red Cross in response to the earthquake that struck Japan last week. The company also will match employee donations up to $100,000.
"Our employees have expressed their desire to lend assistance and support to those who've lost so much in this catastrophe," stated Chuck Greener, Walgreens VP corporate affairs and communications. "Though many miles away, our hearts go out to those who have been affected by this disaster, and we're doing what we can to help the Red Cross reach those who need it most. We're sending our dollars and we're sending our thoughts and prayers to everyone touched by this tragedy."