- WAG VP talks to Chicago Tribune about changing role of pharmacist
- Walgreens outlines impact scenarios from Express Scripts withdrawal
- Walgreens implements Chicago Hometown Investment Initiative
- Walgreens introduces Way to Well Commitment program
- Opening of Intel's on-site medical center officially announced by Take Care
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Fast Company has called out Walgreens as one of the world's most innovative companies in the magazine's "Fast 50" issue.
The publication named Walgreens one of the healthcare industry's most innovative companies for the second time in three years, due to its leadership and healthcare services, including the chain's Well Experience format, addressing the need for greater access to healthy foods in underserved communities, as well as plans to become the nation's leading retail host of electric vehicle charging stations.
“We’re honored to again be recognized by Fast Company as one of the world’s most innovative organizations,” said Kermit Crawford, Walgreens president of pharmacy, health and wellness services and solutions. “With more than 7,800 community drugstores and a network of health care professionals trusted by millions of people every day, innovation is how we provide greater access to a wide variety of health and daily living needs.”
The complete list and related stories appear in the March 2012 issue of Fast Company magazine currently on newsstands and online at Fastcompany.com.