- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Walgreens declares regular quarterly dividend of 31.5 cents per share, a 14.5% increase
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
DEERFIELD, Ill. — The board of directors at Walgreens on Wednesday declared a regular quarterly dividend of 27.5 cents per share, a 22.2% increase over the year ago dividend. The dividend is payable June 12, 2013, to shareholders of record May 21, 2013.
Walgreens has paid a dividend in 322 straight quarters (more than 80 years) and has raised its dividend for 37 consecutive years. Over the last five years, Walgreens annual dividend rate has increased from 38 cents per share to $1.10 per share, resulting in a compound annual growth rate of nearly 24%.