- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Walgreens launches exclusive beauty publication 'Discover Beauty Within'
- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
CHICAGO — Walgreens last month promoted Mia Scholz from corporate VP accounting and controller to SVP accounting and controller.
Scholz joined Walgreens in 1999 as director of internal audit. She was named a divisional VP in 2003, and was promoted to corporate VP accounting and controller in 2007.
Before joining Walgreens, Scholz was a senior manager for Arthur Andersen LLP in Chicago. She received a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, in 1988.