- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
DEERFIELD, Ill. — To honor and celebrate the service and commitment of the nation’s military heroes, Walgreens on Wednesday announced the offer of a discount to all veterans and active duty military in support of Veterans Day. On Sunday, Nov. 11, veterans will receive 15% off eligible store items and 20% off Walgreens and W Brand products with a valid military ID or proof of service at any Walgreens and Duane Reade drug store nationwide.
“To our employees who are veterans and veterans across this great nation, we want to thank you for your service, sacrifice and courage,” stated Mark Wagner, Walgreens president of operations and community management. “We are grateful for their contributions, and want to offer our appreciation and respect to all who have served.”