- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
ROCHESTER, N.Y. Walgreens has inked a deal with Document Security Systems, a developer and manufacturer of security and authentication solutions which prevent counterfeiting and brand fraud.
DSS was awarded an annual packaging order contract from Walgreens worth approximately $2.7 million through July 2011, the company said. The order represents a renewal of an ongoing relationship between Document Security Systems' packaging subsidiary, Premier Packaging, and Walgreens.
DSS COO Robert Bzdick stated, "We value our continuing relationship with Walgreens and we are very pleased to once again be chosen for their packaging needs. Despite significant competitive pressures for this order, our ability to deliver outstanding quality and service at extremely competitive pricing was the key for Premier in winning this order."