- On the heels of Q3, Walgreens outlines shift in front-end strategy and pharmacy tailwinds looking forward
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens partners with United Nations Foundation's Shot@Life campaign
- Boots' No7 Men skin care collection comes to Walgreens, Duane Reade
- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
DEERFIELD, Ill. A few months after it acquired New York-based drug store chain Duane Reade, Walgreens has decided to bring the chain's private-label brand, DR Delish, to its stores.
Duane Reade's DR Delish line, which consists of premium snacks and beverages filled with healthy benefits, exclusively rolled out in its namesake stores last September.
“Introducing the DR Delish line of products in our stores is one of the first big steps toward bringing the best of Duane Reade to Walgreens,” said Bryan Pugh, VP merchandising for Walgreens. “The DR Delish brand allows us to offer our customers snacks and beverages with premium recipes but at more affordable prices. These were among the most popular DR Delish products in the New York market, so we’re confident they’ll be a hit with our customers nationwide,” Pugh said. “Our plan is to expand the selection available at Walgreens in the coming months.”
The initial products consumers will see on the end cap will range from $2.99 to $7.49 and include:
- Trail mix blueberry pomegranate crunch
- Trail mix mango crunch
- Trail mix pistachio crunch
- "Broadway" chocolate chip cookie
- "Broadway" oatmeal chocolate chunk cookie
- "Broadway" chocolate chip with pecan cookie
- "Broadway" raisin oatmeal cookie
- Pretzel rod tub
- Gallon teas - green tea with ginsing + honey
- Gallon teas - sweet tea
The ten 10 DR Delish products now will be displayed at 6,000 stores this week. Other DR Delish products will be rotated in or added to shelves in fall.