- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- On the heels of Q3, Walgreens outlines shift in front-end strategy and pharmacy tailwinds looking forward
- CNNMoney sits down with Walgreens chief to discuss future of health care and what it means for pharmacy
- Walgreens makes flu shots available for 2013-2014 season
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
DES MOINES, Iowa — Walgreens has won recognition from a company that designs medication therapy management programs.
Walgreens, which has invested heavily in their MTM programs, was named the top national chain by Outcomes Pharmaceutical Health Care’s MTM network.
Other honorees included Kerr Drug, Kroger and Supervalu, which were saluted for MTM services provided at one of their respective stores.
“Each year, the competition for top pharmacy chain grows tighter,” Outcomes director of clinical services Jessica Frank said. “We saw significant advances in pharmacy MTM management in 2010 — so much so, we felt it was important to begin recognizing both a national and regional pharmacy chain.”