- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Report: Specialty pharmacy to account for half of all prescription revenue by 2018
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
BOISE, Idaho — Walgreens on Friday joined with three pharmacy benefit managers — Altius Health Plans, Coventry Health Care and HealthAmerica — for an awareness campaign to educate employers on the benefits of a pharmacy network that includes Walgreens.
The campaign includes print and radio advertisements and outreach to employers. The campaign warns employers that if Walgreens is removed from their pharmacy network beginning Jan. 1 (a reference to the day Walgreens will no longer be a part of the Express Scripts network, though Express Scripts is not named in any of the releases), their employees may face disruptions in pharmacy care and, in some cases, "employers without Walgreens in their pharmacy network could end up paying higher overall medical costs."