- Opportunities still knock as Walgreens enters new decade
- Walgreens makes a home in Brooklyn with 7,000th store
- 'Communicator' award (once again) emphasizes pharmacy's role in health care
- Rx contracts between drug stores, big businesses is a win-win
- Organization restructures, acquisitions keep Walgreens top of game
BOISE, Idaho — Walgreens on Friday joined with three pharmacy benefit managers — Altius Health Plans, Coventry Health Care and HealthAmerica — for an awareness campaign to educate employers on the benefits of a pharmacy network that includes Walgreens.
The campaign includes print and radio advertisements and outreach to employers. The campaign warns employers that if Walgreens is removed from their pharmacy network beginning Jan. 1 (a reference to the day Walgreens will no longer be a part of the Express Scripts network, though Express Scripts is not named in any of the releases), their employees may face disruptions in pharmacy care and, in some cases, "employers without Walgreens in their pharmacy network could end up paying higher overall medical costs."