- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Shot@Life program ambassador Amanda Peet gets flu shot in NYC Walgreens to support 'Get a Shot, Give a Shot'
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
LOS ANGELES — Value beauty brand Wet 'n Wild and its global beauty ambassador, eight-time Grammy award-winning artist, Fergie, had a big reason to celebrate on Dec. 5th. Together with Walgreens, they made a $50,000 donation to amfAR, the American foundation for AIDS research, amidst a plethora of celebrity and industry attendees at an exclusive party held at Tao Downtown in the New York City Meatpacking District.
The event marked the pop star’s first public appearance since welcoming her first child, Axl Jack Duhamel, this past August.
A longtime supporter of amfAR, Fergie and Wet 'n Wild collaborated this year in curating her Perfect Pout Lip Color in V.I.Pink for the cause. As part of her Fergie CenterStage collection sold exclusively at Walgreens, the three parties pledged to donate 50 cents from each sale of her lipstick to amfAR. At the bash they presented the foundation with a check totaling more than $50,000.
“Walgreens has enjoyed collaborating with Wet 'n Wild and was thrilled to participate in this initiative to help support the amfAR organization,” stated Shannon Curtin, group VP beauty and personal care at Walgreens. “This collaboration reflected our efforts to build awareness and raise funding to continue research, and help people get, stay and live well.”
Fergie and Wet 'n Wild have been partners since announcing her as the global beauty ambassador in March 2012, and the charitable initiative kicked off with Fergie’s appearance on Good Morning America in March earlier this year. Fergie was then honored at the third annual amfAR Inspiration Gala in Brazil in April, during which she received the amfAR Piaget Award of Inspiration.