- Top line troubles continue for Walmart
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- CVS Caremark aims to help customers as survey spotlights ACA knowledge gap
- CVS Caremark's Merlo attends reception to accept March of Dimes Citizen of the Year award
- Reports: Amazon hopes to deliver packages by drone
BENTONVILLE, Ark. — Walmart said Thursday it is continuing its annual tradition of increasing shareholder payout by raising its dividend by 9%.
Walmart will pay a quarterly dividend of 39.75 cents on April 4 to shareholders of record on March 12. That works out to $1.59 per share for the year. The company has increased its dividend every year since its first declared dividend in March 1974.
According to Walmart president and CEO Mike Duke, the company's U.S. business is back on track, and international results remain strong.