- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Family Dollar elevates Jason Reiser to chief merchandising officer; president and COO Michael Bloom departs
- Walmart expanding small store fleet based on fresh- and pharmacy-driven growth
- Walmart asks suppliers to phase out certain chemicals from products
BENTONVILLE, Ark. — Walmart is offering customers an early, exclusive preview of its Black Friday specials.
Customers that sign up at Walmart.com for Walmart's Facebook page will be able to view top assortments across a variety of categories. Walmart also will hold an early holiday sale beginning Nov. 5.
Walmart recently announced it was bringing back its Christmas layaway program.
"Walmart will be the Black Friday destination for the best prices on the hottest gifts, including brand-name electronics and toys," Walmart chief merchandising officer Duncan Mac Naughton said. "We know shoppers are watching every penny this season, so we're sharing our Black Friday specials early this year so they can plan ahead and deliver a wonderful Christmas for their families."