- Report: Atlanta commuters seek refuge in local CVS store as snow storm snarls travel
- Family Dollar elevates Jason Reiser to chief merchandising officer; president and COO Michael Bloom departs
- Jason Reiser takes on SVP/lead merchandising officer role at Family Dollar
- Diab to head up health and wellness at Walmart
- CDC: Flu activity remains elevated
BENTONVILLE, Ark. — Walmart Stores said it will open a new office in Atlanta, positioning the retailer to more effectively manage nearly 1,600 stores in 20 Eastern U.S. states and focus on opportunities to grow its business in such states as New York.
The new Eastern business unit will be run by Rosalind Brewer, president of Walmart East and EVP Walmart U.S.
The states in the new Eastern business unit are Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia and West Virginia.