- Walmart asks suppliers to phase out certain chemicals from products
- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
- Aetna taps former Walmart exec Dijuana Lewis to lead Consumer Products and Enterprise Marketing organization
- Walmart makes plans for three new U.S. manufacturing projects
- All-star lineup of industry leaders gather for annual Industry Issues Summit
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — The Walmart Foundation is donating $1.29 million to the Institute for America's Health to expand its anti-obesity program at schools in major cities, the IAH said.
The organization said it would use the money to expand the program at 30 elementary schools in Atlanta, Chicago and Washington and fund a statewide expansion of the program in Alabama. The Walmart Foundation donated $1 million to fund the program last year as well.
"We are extremely grateful to the Walmart Foundation for their continued support of our efforts to introduce nutrition education and physical activity to children across America," IAH executive director Stuart Reese said.