- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Former CMS, FDA chief McClellan delivers keynote at Cardinal Health RBC
- On the heels of Q3, Walgreens outlines shift in front-end strategy and pharmacy tailwinds looking forward
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
CARLSTADT, N.J. — Water-Jel Technologies last month named Herb Baer to the post of EVP North America. Well-known among military and industrial users, the company plans to expand first-degree burn aftercare at retail in the coming year, Baer told Drug Store News.
The company recently launched Burn Jel Plus, a thick gel that salves minor burn injuries containing vitamin E, tea tree oil and 2.5% lidocaine, into the consumer market.
Three more burn treatment products will be launched in the coming year, Baer said. That includes Water-Jel Burn Dressings, a gel-soaked dressing for larger skin surfaces; Water-Jel Unburn, a sunburn aftercare solution; and Muscle Jel, a topical analgesic already in use across several professional markets. The company also has contract manufacturing capabilities across a range of first-aid products, Baer added.
Baer joined Water-Jel from Fuji Film in 2008 as VP marketing, and was later promoted to SVP and chief marketing and sales officer.