- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
NEW YORK — Watertree Health has hired former NBA champion John Salley to market its free prescription discount cards, the company said.
Salley, who maintains a vegan diet, is a health and wellness advocate and has appeared in film and television. Watertree provides prescription discount cards and distributes them to anyone who needs help paying for medicines. According to the company, more than 100 million Americans don't have full prescription coverage.
"What makes this such an exciting partnership is the belief we both share: that people deserve the opportunity to live healthy lives," Watertree CEO Matt Herfield said.
According to the company, the cards are accepted at more than 60,000 pharmacies around the country.