- FDA approves Plan B One-Step OTC switch
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- USPLabs agrees to recall and destroy dietary supplement following FDA actions
- FDA approves liquid form of enalapril to treat BP in children, adults
- On the heels of Q3, Walgreens outlines shift in front-end strategy and pharmacy tailwinds looking forward
PARSIPPANY, N.J. — The Food and Drug Administration has approved a generic contraceptive made by Watson Pharmaceuticals, the company said Tuesday.
Watson announced the approval of levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol tablets in the 0.09-mg/0.02-mg strength.
The drug is a generic version of Pfizer’s Lybrel, which had sales of slightly less than $12 million during the 12-month period that ended in April, according to IMS Health.