- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Reports: Tops Friendly Markets management buys chain from Morgan Stanley Capital Partners
- More than a dozen health information exchanges, service providers join Surescripts
- Reports: Bill to extend federal regulations for compounding pharmacies expected to pass House, Senate
- Chobani gives a boost to Team USA on the journey to Sochi
NORTHBOROUGH, Mass. — Wegmans Food Markets on Tuesday started recruitment for its new Northborough, Mass., store, the company’s first New England location that is set to open in October. The Northborough store will employ approximately 600 people, 550 of whom will be hired locally.
The Northborough Wegmans, a 145,000-sq.-ft. supermarket, will be part of Northborough Crossing, a $100 million shopping and residential complex located at the intersection of Routes 9 and 20.
Rochester, N.Y.-based Wegmans Food Markets will open stores in several additional New England locations in the future, the grocer stated.