- Abbott launches Glucerna Advance RTD to provide nutritional benefits for those with diabetes
- Study: Participation in diabetes education associated with greater ability to self-manage
- Pharmagen launches Warfarin-friendly multivitamin
- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
- Study pinpoints protective genetic mutations for Type 2 diabetes
Wegmans Food Markets last fall began installing Diabetes Solutions Centers across all 77 of its stores. This one, located in Wegmanʼs newest Maryland store in Woodmore, is adjacent to the pharmacy in the waiting area. Across from the pharmacy, which is located in the center of the store just behind the checkout registers, is Wegmans extensive health-and-wellness-oriented medicine and supplement section.
The center merchandises Wegmans’ new store-brand blood-glucose monitoring systems from Nipro Diagnostics, as well as other diabetes products and supplies.
Patients in search of information online can find a dedicated diabetes page at Wegmans.com under its “Eat Well Live Well” tab. Sections on meal planning explain exchanges and carbohydrate counting. And there also are seasonal diabetes meal ideas, tips on party and celebration foods, and nutritional information in the online product catalog.