- Rite Aid posts third consecutive quarterly profit as company expands Wellness+
- Weis Markets president and CEO resigns
- Rite Aid launches marketing campaign for Wellness65+
- Nielsen survey: Price most persuasive when incentivizing brand switch; improved features least influential
- Study finds double-digit growth in drug store loyalty programs
SUNBURY, Pa. — Weis Markets last week announced it has lowered the prices on 2,400 staple items, effective Jan. 2, and that it will freeze the prices of these products for 90 days through April 2.
It is the company’s sixth round of its 90-day Price Freeze program over the past two years.
“Our 90-day Price Freeze program continues to make sense in a slow-growth economy impacted by high unemployment in most of the markets we serve,” stated David Hepfinger, Weis Markets president and CEO. “It has been a great program for our customers. Over the past two years, our Price Freeze program has helped our customers save more than $6 million and we hope to save them more money in 2011.”