- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Rite Aid posts third consecutive quarterly profit as company expands Wellness+
- Safeway 1-of-15 employers receiving the 2013 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award
- Jim Spencer promoted to president of Kinney Drugs stores
SUNBURY, Pa. — Weis Markets has closed on its purchase of three former Genuardi's stores and is slated to reopen them this weekend.
In advance of these store openings on June 16, located in Conshohocken, Doylestown and East Norristown, Pa., Weis said it will reopen each store's pharmacy Monday at 12 noon to minimize prescription service disruption.
Weis added that it has hired 218 former Genuardi employees and has added 150 positions, which will allow each store to double the number of cashiers it employs and increase front-end service.