- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
PORTLAND, Ore. — Wellpartner, a provider of pharmacy distribution services, on Monday announced that the company will fulfill over-the-counter prescription orders placed by FSAStore.com customers.
“Wellpartner will help us continue to deliver a simple and convenient way for our customers to use their FSA,” FSAStore.com president Jeremy Miller said. “This arrangement allows the prescription fulfillment process to be seamless and easy, which is the type of service our customers have come to expect from us.”
As of Jan. 1, changes imposed by the Affordable Care Act included a rule requiring consumers to obtain a prescription for OTC medicines in order to be eligible for reimbursement through a flexible spending account.
Currently, when a consumer purchases an OTC product that requires a prescription, they must mail in a copy of the prescription and wait for approval and processing before receiving reimbursement from their FSA. Under this new arrangement, Wellpartner Pharmacy will secure required prescriptions on behalf of FSAStore.com customers, either directly from the physician or from the customers themselves. Wellpartner’s support of this new FSAStore.com Rx functionality allows the prescription requirement to be satisfied at the point of purchase.