- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- FortiFX, celebrity chef Robert Irvine unveil new baked protein bars
- Sneakz shake gets national launch
- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. —General Mills has extended its Fiber One line with new Fiber One 90 Calorie chewy bars. Each bar contains 5 g of fiber and 2.5 g of fat, so dieters feel full and stick to their diet without compromising taste. The bars are available in two varieties, chocolate and chocolate peanut butter, and have a suggested retail price of $3.59 for a five-count box.
The Institute of Medicine recommended that Americans over the age of 4 years eat at least 25 g of fiber each day. Nine-out-of-10 people don’t meet that nutritional goal. “Fiber One 90 Calorie Chewy bars are an indulgent and uncomplicated way to achieve 20% of the recommended daily value in one snack,” said a General Mills representative.