- Hartman Group breaks down health and wellness consumer segments
- RediClinic upgrades Weigh Forward with Wellness Layers platform
- Three key milestones show Rite Aid's continued progress
- Category management veteran Mike Cirilli joins L&R Distributors
- CEA forecasts personal health-and-wellness product market will reach $8 billion in sales by 2018
FORT MYERS, Fla. —The SilverCare personal monitor from SilverPlus was named by retailers attending the ECRM Home Health Care conference in March as the “hot new product” at the show.
The SilverCare monitor is a multifunctional, daily-living assistant, the company stated, with functions including a dedicated 911 button, a hands-free speaker and medication reminder in the body of a digital wristwatch. By 2011, SilverPlus hopes to launch a model that will include a motion sensor, which could trigger an alert due to a fall, for example. And by 2012, the SilverPlus vision is to fold its product line into a comprehensive and multifunctional telehealthcare tool, where remote healthcare professionals can help with disease and wellness management.
Each unit consists of a base console and wristwatch, and retails for a suggested $449, with no monthly service contract fee associated with the use of the product, the company added.