- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Sneakz shake gets national launch
- Clif Bar introduces Clif Mojo Fruit & Nut and Clif Mojo Dark Chocolate
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- At least 23,000 die from antibiotic-resistant infections each year, CDC finds
CINCINNATI —Probiotics and prebiotics recently have become the darlings of the functional food aisle. Increasingly, products with those digestive health claims are showing up in the pet food aisle as well.
Iams, which has included prebiotics in its food for some time, has introduced a new pet food, Iams ProActive Health with fructooligosaccharide, a prebiotic that feeds the good bacteria that live in the digestive tract and helps support a strong immune system.
The line, which offers a product for all life stages for dogs and cats, now is available at mass with a suggested retail price of $7.99. Iams was so confident pet owners will see a difference in their pet’s health, the company offered a money-back satisfaction guarantee.
A representative for Iams said the company planned to “ramp up efforts to educate consumers on the benefits of prebiotics for your pet and how prebiotics and probiotics work together.”