- ‘Out of this world’ display takes top nod in annual Design of the Times awards
- Gillette launches 'The Best a Fan Can Get Sweepstakes' for NFL fans
- Kmart offers savings on gas for P&G product purchases
- Braun officially unveils CoolTec electric shaver
- P&G brands kick off Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games with campaign, film series
SHELTON, Conn. —The razor wars appear to be resurfacing as Procter & Gamble’s Gillette and Energizer’s Schick both launch new shaving systems for 2010. However, it’s Schick’s new Hydro razor that has caught the attention of at least one industry observer.
“Our initial impression is that Hydro is a clear ‘new’ product offering, while [P&G’s] ProGlide looks like more of an extension of the 3-year-old Fusion platform,” SunTrust Robinson Humphrey analyst William Chappell stated. “It also appears that ProGlide will be at a significant price premium (~20%) to Hydro.”
Schick’s Hydro will be available in April in three-blade and five-blade versions. Central to Hydro innovations: skin protectors that smooth out skin between blades, protecting the skin during shaves; a hydrating gel reservoir to deliver moisturizing lubricants; a flip trimmer for precise edging and shaving in tight areas; and a new ergonomic handle design. Schick also will introduce shave gels under the Schick Hydro line.