- Target unveils new Sonia Kashuk beauty for spring 2014
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Walmart asks suppliers to phase out certain chemicals from products
- Federal government must find alternatives to rescheduling hydrocodone combination drugs
- Red Carpet Manicure makes foray into nail lacquer category
AZUSA, Calif. — Physicians Formula has beena trailblazer in green beauty innovation, and now it is bringing sustainability to mass makeup with the March launch of its new Bamboo Wear.
The collection is the first-ever bamboo makeup available in the “masstige” market that provides sustainable beauty in sustainable packaging. It features a reusable, refillable compact; Bamboo Silk face powder and bronzer refills; and a Bambuki brush, all sold separately.
Each formula is 90% natural and 100% free of harsh chemicals, parabens, synthetic fragrances, synthetic preservatives and synthetic colors. The products also are oil-free, hypoallergenic and dermatologist-approved. The reusable and refillable compact, designed to eliminate the waste of disposing a traditional plastic compact, is made from sustainable bamboo. Bamboo Silk powder and bronzer refills have a suggested retail price of $9.95 each. The Bamboo compact with mirror and brush is $6.95, and the Bambuki brush is $9.95.