- Changing Channels: Dry-All smart-phone drying kit, ThinkEco modlet, BodyFit Yoga mat and more
- Harris Interactive: M&M first in brand equity among youth
- Banana Boat develops new multibenefit sunscreen lotions
- Changing Channels: Holistix Natural Biscuits, Entenmann's bakeware, LabelManager and more
- FDA, CDC affirm safety of Mead Johnson's Enfamil; tests for Cronobacter negative
HANOVER, Pa. —Utz Quality Foods recently entered the nut category with three new Utz Nutz products, 3-oz. bags of salted peanuts and hot peanuts, and a 1.75-oz. bag of salted cashews, each retailing for 99 cents.
“This is the first time we’ve introduced a nut product under the Utz name,” said Alec Sivel, Utz VP marketing. “We wanted to expand our 99-cent offerings in the drug and convenience channels and thought nuts would fit nicely in that mix.” Sivel said if the three products take off, the company will consider adding additional nut products to the line.
The launch of Nutz was part of a huge snack push at Utz; the snack maker introduced 19 new products spanning multiple categories last month.