- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Former CMS, FDA chief McClellan delivers keynote at Cardinal Health RBC
- Helping independents compete in specialty pharmacy, Cardinal Health launches new suite of services at RBC 2013
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
PHOENIX — Avella Specialty Pharmacy has released a new white paper that it said would help oncologists select appropriate specialty pharmacies.
The Phoenix-based specialty pharmacy company announced Wednesday the release of "Guide to Selecting the Appropriate Specialty Pharmacy: Important Considerations for Your Oncology Practice." The white paper highlights such factors as the ability to provide comprehensive, quality clinical services and support the practice's needs.
"A specialty pharmacy is an integral aspect of the healthcare system," Avella VP clinical affairs Eric Sredzinski said. "It is important for oncology practices to work with a specialty pharmacy partner that understands the oncology medication environment. Offering solutions to their patients that address the unique cost and adherence challenges associated with oncology medications is critical for optimal outcomes."
The company said cancer was becoming a major focus of drug development, noting a recent report by the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America that drug makers had more than 900 cancer drugs in development.