- IRI Pacesetter report shows strength in beauty, consumables
- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- H-E-B launches shelf labeling system and health newsletters to help Texans make healthier food choices
- Reports: Target to expand organic product selection
- Survey: Food shoppers look for value amid rising prices, shrinking package sizes
AUSTIN, Texas — Proving that natural food stores have a sense of humor, Whole Foods hosted a faux website home page to celebrate April Fools' Day.
The homepage featured such items as "insects raised with compassion," stinky cheese lipstick and bizarre recipes. The retailer even featured a video about finding love at its stores on both the website and its Facebook fan page. Needless to say, it received many "likes."
Although natural food stores take themselves seriously when it comes to delivering natural and organic products to customers, it's nice to see Whole Foods having some fun.