- IRI Pacesetter report shows strength in beauty, consumables
- H-E-B launches shelf labeling system and health newsletters to help Texans make healthier food choices
- Survey: Food shoppers look for value amid rising prices, shrinking package sizes
- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
- Foods in prominent supermarket locations feed unhealthy choices, researchers say
AUSTIN, Texas — Proving that natural food stores have a sense of humor, Whole Foods hosted a faux website home page to celebrate April Fools' Day.
The homepage featured such items as "insects raised with compassion," stinky cheese lipstick and bizarre recipes. The retailer even featured a video about finding love at its stores on both the website and its Facebook fan page. Needless to say, it received many "likes."
Although natural food stores take themselves seriously when it comes to delivering natural and organic products to customers, it's nice to see Whole Foods having some fun.