- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
- Bartell donates flu vaccines to help community outreach programs through local schools of pharmacy
- Pfizer forms licensing agreement with Seattle Genetics
- Baxter on verge of revolutionizing flu shot life cycle
- CDC looks to reach at-risk groups during National Influenza Vaccination Week
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Winn-Dixie has expanded its flu shot options by offering the Fluzone Intradermal vaccination at its in-store pharmacies.
The intradermal vaccine is available for guests at the discounted rate of $29.99 when purchased using their Winn-Dixie customer reward card, the supermarket chain said. The vaccination, which is administered just below the skin with a microneedle that is 90% smaller than regular needles, is approved for customers ages 18 to 64 years. Winn-Dixie said the flu shot option is in addition to the regular flu shot, approved for people ages 3 years and older, and a high-dose flu shot, approved and recommended for people ages 65 years and older, that it offers to customers.
Certain age restrictions may apply in some states regarding pharmacist administration of vaccinations, Winn-Dixie noted.
“We are constantly looking for ways to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations and offering a variety of administrations for the seasonal flu vaccine is just another way for us to properly serve our guests,” Winn-Dixie VP pharmacy John Fegan said. “Our guests’ health and wellness is our primary concern, and being at the forefront with new innovations helps us to provide these services to our neighborhoods.”