- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- NACDS, NCPA, GPhA express support for Drug Quality and Security Act
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Winn-Dixie on Wednesday launched a prescription-savings card that offers deep discounts on more than 400 generic medications and varied discounts on name-brand and other generic medications, the grocer announced.
“Not everyone has insurance or health benefits that adequately cover prescriptions,” stated John Fegan, VP pharmacy for Winn-Dixie. “This program makes it easier for our customers to get the prescriptions they need at a great deal so they can focus on their health ... not on how much it costs.”
For a an annual enrollment fee of $5, customers with an active Winn-Dixie Reward Card will receive a $5 store coupon loaded to the customer’s Reward Card and $4 30-day and $10 90-day generic drug pricing on an extensive list of more than 400 generic drugs.
The program runs through the grocer’s existing free Reward Card program.