- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Winn-Dixie is putting an emphasis on heart health by highlighting its pharmacy offerings.
The company said guests can receive free cholesterol screenings at Winn-Dixie pharmacies and is partnering with the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality to offer a free treating high cholesterol guide, which is available in English and Spanish, in honor of American Heart Month.
“As part of the healthcare team, your Winn-Dixie pharmacist plays a significant role in the management and prevention of cardiovascular disease,” Winn-Dixie VP pharmacy John Fegan said. “With pharmacies in a majority of our stores, Winn-Dixie is distinctively positioned to offer guests expert consultation, disease prevention information and medications alongside an abundant selection of heart healthy meal and dietary solutions.”
To learn more about additional pharmacy services offered at Winn-Dixie can be found here.