- FDA approves Plan B One-Step OTC switch
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- On the heels of Q3, Walgreens outlines shift in front-end strategy and pharmacy tailwinds looking forward
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — WomenCare Global has acquired two oral contraceptive brands from ICON, WomenCare said Monday.
The company acquired Roselle (levonorgestrel and ethinylestradiol) and Optinor (levonorgestrel). ICON developed both drugs under a partnership with an unnamed generic drug manufacturer.
“This partnership with WomenCare Global is a significant step forward in expanding access to quality-assured generic hormonal contraceptives at competitive prices,” ICON general manager David Smith said in a statement.