- Supervalu completes deal with AB Acquisition
- Dan Salemi to be named president of pharmacy at new Albertsons
- Supervalu announces slowdown of price position overhaul as buyout speculation populates newswires
- Supervalu sells 877 stores, reuniting Albertsons under one operator
- Albertsons appoints division presidents; Justin Dye to head pharmacy
NEW YORK — The jewel in the Supervalu crown — Save-A-Lot — may be up for bid by investment firm KKR, according to a Wall Street Journal blog post published Thursday.
Also in the hunt is Cerberus Capital Management, which is weighing a bid for all of Supervalu, WSJ reported, citing persons familiar with the matter. However, Cerberus may also look at bidding for only pieces of the grocer.
Reportedly in the bid for the wholesale end of Supervalu's business is C&S Wholesale Grocers.
For the complete post, click here. (Subscription required.)