- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- Supervalu now features Stayhealthy HealthCENTER Kiosks
- Report: Jewel-Osco president Emmons to retire
- New Albertson's buys five more Dominick's stores; names president of Jewel-Osco
- Walgreens gets top score among drug chains in Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index
NEW YORK — The jewel in the Supervalu crown — Save-A-Lot — may be up for bid by investment firm KKR, according to a Wall Street Journal blog post published Thursday.
Also in the hunt is Cerberus Capital Management, which is weighing a bid for all of Supervalu, WSJ reported, citing persons familiar with the matter. However, Cerberus may also look at bidding for only pieces of the grocer.
Reportedly in the bid for the wholesale end of Supervalu's business is C&S Wholesale Grocers.
For the complete post, click here. (Subscription required.)