- Supervalu completes deal with AB Acquisition
- Supervalu announces slowdown of price position overhaul as buyout speculation populates newswires
- Supervalu sells 877 stores, reuniting Albertsons under one operator
- Dan Salemi to be named president of pharmacy at new Albertsons
- Edward Hospital opens pair of Quick Care Clinics within Jewel-Osco pharmacies
NEW YORK — The jewel in the Supervalu crown — Save-A-Lot — may be up for bid by investment firm KKR, according to a Wall Street Journal blog post published Thursday.
Also in the hunt is Cerberus Capital Management, which is weighing a bid for all of Supervalu, WSJ reported, citing persons familiar with the matter. However, Cerberus may also look at bidding for only pieces of the grocer.
Reportedly in the bid for the wholesale end of Supervalu's business is C&S Wholesale Grocers.
For the complete post, click here. (Subscription required.)