- The Little Clinic adds new insurance provider to accepted plans
- Gallup: Take Care Clinics top in customer service
- Bartell to cease filling Medicaid prescriptions at 15 locations
- With health reform outlook dimmed, pharmacy can’t abandon its agenda
- More progress needed in health information technology
ALEXANDRIA, Va. CARE Pharmacies on Friday named Michael Wysong to the position of CEO, effective Sept. 7.
“We are very excited to have Wysong join the CARE team,” stated Molly Carr, CARE chairman and owner of New Hampshire CARE Pharmacy and Medical Equipment. “We are confident his knowledge of community pharmacy will recharge the CARE brand, maximizing our unique position within independent community pharmacy.”
Prior to his appointment at CARE, Wysong served as lead VP retail sales at AmerisourceBergen, and VP sales at Cardinal Health, CARE’s wholesaler.
“It’s an honor to join CARE Pharmacies in their mission of enhancing and promoting retail independent pharmacy,” Wysong said. “This is an important and exciting time to be in the business of providing healthcare services. With the new demands and challenges of healthcare reform, CARE Pharmacies is well-positioned to provide the personalized services and support that our customers will require and deserve.”