- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Good Neighbor pharmacists can vaccinate patients under collaborative-practice agreements
- Cardinal Health’s Independence Medical unit helps pharmacy owners tap into growing home healthcare market
- Q&A with George Barrett: Cardinal Health’s commitment to independent pharmacy
ALEXANDRIA, Va. CARE Pharmacies on Friday named Michael Wysong to the position of CEO, effective Sept. 7.
“We are very excited to have Wysong join the CARE team,” stated Molly Carr, CARE chairman and owner of New Hampshire CARE Pharmacy and Medical Equipment. “We are confident his knowledge of community pharmacy will recharge the CARE brand, maximizing our unique position within independent community pharmacy.”
Prior to his appointment at CARE, Wysong served as lead VP retail sales at AmerisourceBergen, and VP sales at Cardinal Health, CARE’s wholesaler.
“It’s an honor to join CARE Pharmacies in their mission of enhancing and promoting retail independent pharmacy,” Wysong said. “This is an important and exciting time to be in the business of providing healthcare services. With the new demands and challenges of healthcare reform, CARE Pharmacies is well-positioned to provide the personalized services and support that our customers will require and deserve.”