- Study finds probiotic strain Cardioviva helps reduce cholesterol
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Nordic Naturals launches allergen-free probiotic
- Study: Probiotic in first three months of life reduces incidence of gastrointestinal disorders
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
TORRANCE, Calif. — Yakult USA is introducing a probiotic drink to the U.S. market.
Yakult Light, which has nearly two-thirds less sugar and one-third fewer calories than regular Yakult, contains active probiotic bacteria called Lactobacillus casei strain Shirota. The product also is made with natural sweeteners and natural flavors, and is free of preservatives, gluten and high-fructose corn syrup. Unlike regular Yakult products, Yakult Light will tout blue and white packaging, with the red Yakult logo.
Yakult Light can be found on store shelves as early as mid-July, the company said.