AAM launches #DoesntAddUp Ad campaign to bring down prescription drug costs
The Association for Accessible Medicines has kicked off a seven-figure #DoesntAddUp advertising campaign to raise awareness among policymakers of the generic and biosimilar industry’s significant market access challenges and promote potential solutions to ensure patients can access their medicines.
DoesntAddUp.com, is the website for viewing the new ads, which are running across cable, digital platforms and print.
Visitors to the site can access a recently published series of white papers that quantify the growing barriers that keep generics and biosimilars from getting approved, launching onto the market, staying on the market and being covere
The cable spots feature patients who were compensated for their participation.
“This campaign explains why patient costs are going up when generic prices are falling, and explores ways to fix that untenable dynamic,” said AAM CEO Chip Davis. “Educating policymakers is the first step toward remedying these challenges on behalf of America’s patients.”
AAM is publishing a series of white papers this fall that are available on DoesntAddUp.com, including:
- 2019 Generic Drug and Biosimilars Access & Savings Report
- Failure to Launch Part 1: Patent Abuse Blocks Access to Biosimilars for America's Patients - $7.6 Billion in Lost Savings
- Failure to Launch Part 2: Barriers to Biosimilar Market Adoption - $2.2 Billion in Lost Savings
- Access Denied: Why New Generics Are Not Reaching America’s Seniors – Patients Could Be Saving $4 Billion Annually
- Generic substitution – coming soon
- Generic out-of-pocket costs – coming soon