The American Pharmacists Association Foundation announced the appointment of Elizabeth Johnson to its board of directors for the 2021 to 2024 term, as well as new board officers for the 2021 one-year term.
Johnson is the owner and principal of Elizabeth Johnson Consulting in Sacramento, Calif., which she established in 2018 after working 16 years at Eli Lilly.
While at Lilly, Johnson held several positions within the medical division and worked across multiple therapeutic areas. Before joining Lilly, she completed an ASHP-accredited residency at Brigham & Women's Hospital in Boston, worked in hospital outpatient and community pharmacy, and spent 10 years working for the California Pharmacists Association. She also held multiple senior leadership positions at CPhA, including executive director of the CPhA Educational Foundation.
The APhA Foundation’s newly elected officers are:
- President: Steve Simenson, president and managing partner, Goodrich Pharmacy, Ramsey, Minn.
- Vice-President: Anjanette Wyatt, CEO, Clinical Care Pharmacy, Houston
- Treasurer: Gary Kadlec, former APhA president, Rochester Hills, Mich.
- Secretary: Scott Knoer, APhA executive vice president and CEO, Washington, D.C.
- Continuing as members of the APhA Foundation board of directors are Laura Carpenter, Phoenix and Mallory Ward, Washington, D.C.