Dr. Miracle’s aims to strengthen natural, chemically processed hair
Dr. Miracle’s latest hair care line is looking to improve the health of naturally curly and chemically processed hair. The Atlanta-based brand is introducing beauty enthusiasts to its Strong + Healthy collection.
Consisting of eight products that range from a pre-shampoo treatment to leave-in conditioner, as well as everyday maintenance products, the line encourages users to start a healthy hair routine that can be done in the comfort of their homes.
Made without the use of sulfates, mineral oils, petrolatum or phthalates, Strong + Healthy’s products contain such ingredients as black castor oil, biotin, coconut oil, avocado, aloe vera, grapeseed oil, trea tree oil and rosemary leaf.
“Dr. Miracle’s prides itself on using ingredients that harness nature and science’s power to transform damaged hair into its healthiest state. African American hair becomes more fragile due to frequent styling, extreme heat and chemicals used,” Akuba Torvikey, Dr. Miracle’s product development manager said. “The Dr. Miracle’s Strong and Healthy line was formulated with rich ingredients like black castor oil, rosemary and Keratin Aminos to provide superior care to the scalp and hair during maintenance and styling.”
Products encompassing the line include:
- Detangling Pre-Shampoo Treatment, which can be applied to hair from root to tip before shampooing. It contains coconut water, marshmallow root and aloe vera to help hydrate and restore moisture to dry and damaged hair;
- Non-Stripping Detox Shampoo, designed to help remove styling buildup without drying hair. Ingredients include aloe vera, honey and coconut water to also moisturize hair and also remove environmental impurities;
- Hydrating & Strengthening Deep Conditioner, a masque treatment designed with rice protein, babassu oil and coconut oil to repair and moisturize dry or damaged hair;
- Length Retention Leave-In Cream, which contains shea butter, rosemary and grapeseed oil to hydrate and soften hair, as well as protect against frizz and breakage;
- Nourishing & Styling Gel, which is infused with biotin, aloe vera and olive oil to provide curl definition and hold, while also moisturizing and protecting against breakage;
- Restoring Hair & Scalp Oil, which looks to provide moisture protection, enhance follicle health and stimulate new, healthy hair growth. Ingredients include black castor oil, tea tree oil and manage butter;
- Strengthening Temple & Nape Balm, which contains biotin, aloe vera and castor oil. It looks to strengthen and nourish hair for less breakage, as well as help in providing a visibly fuller hair line; and
- Styling Leave-In Primer, a protective balm that can be used to style braids, twists, extensions or wigs. It is infused with shea butter, black castor oil and avocado oil to help protect against dehydration.
Currently, Dr. Miracle’s Strong + Healthy collection is available for purchase at Amazon.com, beauty supply stores and CVS Pharmacy.