Kroger is seeking to hire thousands of associates ahead of the holiday season and beyond. The company shared that it is looking for associates across its retail, e-commerce, manufacturing, supply chain, merchandising, logistics, corporate, pharmacy and healthcare departments.
"As we prepare for a memorable holiday season for our associates and customers, we are seeking to hire new associates, not just for the season but to join the Kroger Family of Companies and embark on a career," said Tim Massa, senior vice president and chief people officer at Kroger. "We are committed to offering associates a culture of opportunity and career with purpose, competitive pay and benefits and flexible schedules. We truly want our associates to come for a job and discover a career while meeting and exceeding our customers' needs."
[Read more: Kroger reports strong Q2 results, raises full-year guidance]
Kroger offers resources, benefits and training to support and develop associates, including:
- Wages and Benefits: Kroger provides comprehensive compensation packages, including competitive salaries and wages, health care and retirement. Kroger has invested an incremental $1.2 billion in associate compensation and benefits since 2018, raising the average hourly rate to over $17/hour and over $22/hour when comprehensive benefits are included;
- Continued Education and Tuition Reimbursement: Kroger's reimbursement program, offering up to $21,000 for both part-time and full-time associates, covers GED courses to Ph.D. programs. Since its inception, this program has contributed more than $31.2 million to help associates further their education with 87% of the recipients being store associates;
- Training and Development: Kroger offers on-demand, role-specific training and resources through internal channels and modern learning platforms, as well as leadership, career advancement and diversity, equity and inclusion training;
- Health and Wellness: Kroger continues to support associates' safety, health and well-being by coaching managers to lead with compassion and empathy. Associates have access to resources like The Well-Being Assistant powered by Magellan Health which is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and offers free counseling sessions and BetterHelp virtual counseling. The organization also encourages the use of Whil, a wellness platform that encourages activities like mindfulness, yoga and sleep. Additionally, Kroger continues to award a one-time payment of $100 to associates who become fully vaccinated against COVID-19;
- Perks and Discounts: Kroger provides flexible scheduling, an advance pay option through partner DailyPay, as well as discounts on groceries, electronics, streaming services, travel and more.
[Read more: Kroger reports strong Q3 results, raises full-year guidance]
Virtual hiring events have commenced and will continue throughout November.
The grocer also will host a five-week early talent career series to spotlight opportunities, highlighting the internship experience, diversity initiatives and how each department operates with insights from current interns and Kroger leaders.
Each week participants will have the opportunity to schedule screening sessions for entry-level positions or join the 2023 class of interns.