Sephora’s Beauty Insider program gets a revamp
Sephora’s Beauty Insider loyalty program is getting a major makeover.
In order to take client experiences to the next level, the San Francisco-based retailer is offering members of its program new perks, including instant savings on purchases, point multiplier events, more sampling choices and exclusive experiences.
Each of these new elements underscores the retailer’s ongoing commitment to the client’s long-term loyalty, the company said.
“Our goal is to create a multi-faceted and well-rounded program to cater to the changing needs of our clients. We know they want more ways to save and even more access to things like products, brand founders, services and one-of-a-kind experiences that are unique to Sephora,” Allegra Stanley Krishnan, the vice president and general manager of loyalty at Sephora, said. “We also know rewards that provide greater emotional and memorable experiences are the most meaningful for our clients, and we want to continue to deliver personalized experiences where our clients can choose what works best for their needs. The emotional component of loyalty is a vital driver of our loyalty program and what really matters most to our clients.”
New Beauty Insider perks include:
- Beauty Insider Cash, which allows members to use their points to get instant savings at checkout. By using 500 points, shoppers will be able to get $10 off at checkout both online and in stores;
- Free Shipping, which will give members free standard shipping. Rouge members will qualify for all purchases, while VIB members will qualify on purchases of $35 of more, and Insiders will qualify on orders of $50;
- Discount and Point Multiplier Events, which allows members to earn points faster and exchange them for member-only events;
- New Birthday Gift Offerings, which gives members the opportunity to choose from new categories including hair and body care options from such brands as Briogeo, Milk Makeup and Sol De Janeiro;
- Meet and Greets, Trips and More, which will be available once social distancing restrictions have been lifted. Members will be able to exchange points for exclusive experiences, including one-on-one meet-ups with a brand founder, a facial from a skin care guru, or a chance to see how products are made; and
- First Access to Product, which will be applicable for Rouge members, who will get first access to big product launches beginning in the fall.
The Beauty Insider program, which is free for all to join, will continue to offer benefits and exclusive access to its three tiers of members — Rouge, V.I.B and Insider. Benefits for members will continue to include:
- Rewards Bazaar, which allows members to exchange points for a variety of products or a one-of-a-kind experience. New rewards drop on Tuesday and Thursdays at 9 a.m. PST;
- Beauty Insider Community, which serves as a destination for beauty-lovers to discuss, ask questions and get product recommendations; and
- The Sephora Credit Card, which allows members to earn more at Sephora stores. Cardmembers are able to earn 4$ back on every purchase and no annual fees.
Each of the new Beauty Insider loyalty program changes go into effect on May 29 across Sephora North America and online.