Aetna, a CVS Health company, will now offer its Aetna CVS Health co-branded insurance product, providing affordable access to quality health care for more Americans, on the individual insurance exchange marketplace in select counties in 17 states.
Enrollment begins Nov. 1 online. For Jan. 1, Aetna is adding Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Ohio and Utah to its existing 12 states (Arizona (Banner Aetna), California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Missouri, North Carolina, New Jersey, Nevada, Texas and Virginia.
“Our plans bring together the quality coverage of Aetna, plus the convenience of CVS, all at an affordable price,” said Anand Shukla, senior vice president, Individual and Family Plans at Aetna. “Our members can access quality care through Aetna’s network of doctors, hospitals and specialists; affordable care with $0 preventive care, $0 virtual care and $0 MinuteClinic visits; and the convenience of 24/7 access to virtual care and choice of over 1,000 MinuteClinic locations nationwide.”
Beginning Jan. 1, 2024, subscribers enrolled in an Aetna CVS Health Individual and Family Plan will now have up to a $100 annual allowance, or $25/quarter, for over-the-counter CVS Health brand products at CVS retail stores and online—from pain relievers and cold medicine to bandages and more.
Members can conveniently shop for eligible products in-store, online or over the phone. And the member does not have to do anything except be an enrolled member.
“This unique benefit to our individual and family plans is a critical next step in providing a continuum of care for members,” said Shukla. “Over-the-counter items are an important part of health care. Easier access to and helping with the cost of these items will contribute to improved health outcomes. This is how healthier happens together.”
Members can obtain 20% off CVS Health brand items at CVS, with the savings barcode on the back of their ID card. Bringing together medical, pharmacy, over-the-counter and store discounts on this ID card is a first for Aetna.
With the launch of these plans, members will have access to the comprehensive Aetna network of primary care doctors, mental health providers, specialists and hospitals. Plus, convenient and affordable care options are available through telehealth and MinuteClinic and HealthHUB locations — removing more barriers to accessing care, the company noted.
Aetna CVS Health ACA exchange products bring together the coverage of Aetna and the convenience of CVS Health. It’s health insurance done differently and features:
- Quality care with broad network of primary care doctors, specialists and hospitals
- Affordable care with plans that include in-network $0 virtual and walk-in clinic care
- Care on your schedule with 24/7 access to virtual care, plus walk-in visits at 1,000 CVS Minute Clinic locations nationwide
The Aetna CVS Health ACA plans are comprehensive health care plans that provide care and coverage for:
- Pediatric services, including oral and vision care
- Ambulatory patient services (outpatient services)
- Emergency services
- Maternity and newborn care
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services (those that help patients acquire, maintain, or improve skills necessary for daily functioning) and devices
- Laboratory services
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management