Albertsons kicks off PSA campaign to address food insecurity
Albertsons is releasing a PSA campaign broadly across platforms to address food insecurity, unite communities and share the message “everyone should be welcome at the table.”
Under its charitable program Nourishing Neighbors, the message encourages communities and people to come together to help more than 30 million people in the U.S. who are food insecure.
Developed in partnership with The Woo, an independent, female-owned creative agency, the film pushes viewer action through emotion and the connection of recognizing anyone—including our immediate neighbors—may be food insecure.
[Read more: Albertsons named Drug Store News Pharmacy Innovator of the Year 2022]
Nourishing Neighbors’ goal is to enable the donation of one billion meals by 2030 and is projected to hit in advance:
- Since 2011, it has donated over $225 million to over 4,000 local organizations enabling over 900 million meals to neighbors in need;
- Since 2017, it has enabled over 49 million meals to neighbors during natural disasters;
- Since 2014, it has provided $47.2 million and 200 million breakfasts to kids in need;
- Breakfast for Kids: Since 2014, our Nourishing Neighbors program (formerly known as Hunger Is) has provided $47.2 million and 200 million breakfasts to kids in need;
- Disaster Response: Since 2017, we’ve enabled over 49 million meals to our neighbors during their toughest times;
[Read more: Albertsons offers pet parents money-saving prescriptions, healthcare services]
- Holiday Gift Cards: In 2021, we provided nearly $22 million in gift cards to more than 400,000 people in need through our nonprofit partners;
- Connecting to Federal Meals Since 2020, Albertsons has connected families to over $21 million in SNAP benefits; and
- E.A.T. Student Program: To date, 20,142 students and 170 schools have participated in this program (216 educators).